Steps to Ordering your Burks Fork Log Home
Figuring out exactly what you need to do to obtain your new home seems like a daunting task. Just follow these simple steps, and with a little help from us, you’ll be in your new home before you know it.
- Learn – The more you know, the easier the rest of the process will be and the more confident you will be that your Burks Fork Log Home will be one of the finest. Since you’re planning to keep your home for many years, be sure to find out about kiln-drying and how much your log home will shrink over the years. Make sure that you compare apples to apples.
- Find out what you can afford – If you need to borrow money to build your home, contact the lending institution of your choice to pre-qualify for a loan. This will help you to establish a budget and may help to narrow down the type of home that you are looking for. Burks Fork Log Homes can assist you in pre-qualifying for a loan.
- Select the Site of your Log Home – If you already have land for your home, skip to step 4. If you don’t, now would be a good time to find the place for your new home. After your site is picked and perk-tested, you will be able to find a home design that will fit nicely on your lot.
- Design Your Home – Find a home design that is perfect for you. There are a lot of things to consider when picking a design for your home. Take your time and get it right. Burks Fork Log Homes has standard home plans that you can choose from, or we can use your custom home plan designed by your certified Architect.
- Get the Blueprints – Order the preliminary blueprints early. This will give you time to review and to present to contractors for estimates on building your home.
- Find a contractor – Decide which portions of your home that will be completed by a contractor. The Log Shell of your home should be assembled by a licensed contractor. Burks Fork Log Homes can assist you in finding a contractor that specializes in log homes. References should be at the top of your to do list. Be sure to get an estimate and visit some homes that the contractor has completed.
- Apply for your loan – Get your information together and get started with your financial institution for construction funding. It’s almost time to start your home.
- Order your Burks Fork Log Home – Verify your design, make a deposit, and schedule your delivery date. Your will receive a finalized set of Blueprints and Burks Fork Log Homes will be manufacturing your package while your site is being prepared. A delivery date will be established while finalizing your order.